I love green tea, especially Matcha, so I jumped at the chance to try out Midori’s Spring Ceremonial (GOLD) Matcha Green Tea, and I was not disappointed. I’ve been drinking Matcha for many years now, since we lived in Hawaii in 1998-2001. Midori’s is on par with the finest varieties I’ve tried.
Made alone, it can be an acquired taste, but I like it that way, and the brewing techniques are detailed on the Midori Spring website. I especially like to make green tea lattes with it. They have several recipes on the blog at their site.
Midori’s Matcha is kosher, vegan and organic. It is very pure and the caffiene levels are quite low. I feel good about drinking it and am happy to know the health benefits while I enjoy it.
What are some health benefits of Matcha?
- Increase in energy – Matcha is an energy booster due to the combination of caffeine content and other natural properties.
- Reduce stress and improve mental alertness – Matcha has an abundance of the unique Amino Acid L-Theanine. Matcha may contain up to five times more of L-Theanine than the common green teas. L-Theanine creates alpha waves in the brain to promote relaxation and alertness.
- Improve metabolism and help with weight loss – Matcha is close to zero calories and helps burn calories four times faster than average. Matcha also lowers cholesterol and blood sugar and does not raise insulin levels.
- Boost immune system and reduce inflammation – Matcha has the highest rated ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) compared to many fruits and vegetables. Matcha also contains a specific Catechin called Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCg). EGCg is most widely recognized for its cancer fighting properties. Research has found that Matcha contains over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea on the market.
- Help the body cleanse of harmful elements – When the tea leaves have shaded sunlight, this causes a tremendous increase in chlorophyll production. The resulting high levels of chlorophyll in Matcha acts as a powerful detox machine capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body.
Good tasting and good for you. A combination I love.
I received the Midori Spring Ceremonial (GOLD) Matcha Green Tea in exchange for my honest review.