This is a fun activity to do on a cold or rainy day. Colors can be modified for any holiday. Kids of practically every age can get involved in making this fun treat.
These treats are salty and sweet and make delicious and cute Valentine treats to share and enjoy. Enlist the help of your kids.
What you’ll need
- Bite-size, knot pretzels (they look a bit like hearts)
- Hershey’s Kisses (you choose your favorite type)
- M&M’s candy (valentines colors or other to suit the season)
How to make magic happen
- Heat the oven to 200 F. Set bite-size, twisted knot pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes until the chocolate looks shiny but retains its shape. Kisses will feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M’s candy into the center of each Kiss.
- Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy and Share!
We made half with classic milk chocolate kisses and milk chocolate M&Ms and half with dark chocolate kisses and dark chocolate M&Ms. 100% Delicious!